Monday, September 16, 2013

Last of the summer roses, another batch of brooches

In Portland, summer is tip toeing into Fall. Days of rain interspersed with hot sun. The tomatoes are about done and the cooler, wetter, weather is causing them to split. I just cut the few remaining blooms from my Evelyn rose. they are sending off the most wonderful fragrance...



I've finished 3 new brooches since my last post 3 weeks ago. 



Week #35's brooch is a sterling silver and glass combination modeled by a lovely little kudu gazelle.



Week 36 features a narrow turquoise... daintily supported by one of the hardest working members of my crew.



And week #37 focuses on another piece of turquoise, this one from Broken Arrow mine in Nevada. This frisky zebra colt was constantly in motion and hard to keep still for the photo shoot...


Bye! I'm off to smell the roses...



1 comment:

  1. The last of the roses are the sweetest. I love watching where you go with your brooches, each it's own personality.

    ReplyDelete