Saturday, September 11, 2010

What about Mom?

So the kids are back in school, early morning routines re-established and mom gets to juggle work and school once again. Wow, mom is amazing isn't she? What can you do to show her how much you appreciate her? Aren't the Holidays right around the corner? I've got some ideas for you, and if you get started early, well, you'll have more time to enjoy that eggnog instead of running out to the mall for an uninspiring last minute gift...

                 Mother's Charms, since 1993, have been a popular choice for Mom! I'll be retiring all but the custom charms (bottom left) and my new initial charms (bottom right) due to the rising cost of producing them. But I still have quite a few available, along with a dog and a cat, for the mom who has everything!


               Here's another idea, You have some wonderful drawings you child did in preschool or kindergarden. How about a brooch designed from one of those small masterpieces. Again, with the child's name and age, or whatever you like, on the back. here are a few examples...




These are all good things to get going on early, as they do take some time to complete.


Want to browse some more? Check out my etsy shop for more jewelry ideas or get inspired by these wonderful craftspeople, all on etsy, and all part of the Artisans Gallery Team, dedicated to producing quality art and providing excellent customer service. (really nice people too...)


For the hip mom...



latouchables                      tsurubride      \
AmaliaVersaci                      emilyryan          


For the romantic mom...


elde                                kathiroussel
illuminatedperfume                   13threads


For the crafty mom...



paperphine                       mck254       
greengardenstamps                  fiberstory

Well, I could go on and on, but you get the idea! Check out etsy's Artisans Gallery Team  and find something for all of the mom's in your life! And enjoy that glass of eggnog...


2 comments:

  1. I love your new initial charms....put one on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of myself as a hip, always romantic and sometimes a wee bit crafty mum of two so I would like it all, please! Great selection.
    And Betsy, I absolutely love your idea of making a child's drawing into a brooch.

    ReplyDelete